Re: High SWR on all HF Bands

Dallas N4DDM

Max,
If you have ever looked in an SWR meter there are only a handful of components to go bad...

I've attached the SWR ckt of the IC-7000 from the service manual (you can find this on-line in pdf format)...

I was able to find the diodes and the opamp on the internet...  I even found them on ebay...

73 Dallas, KD4HNX
Whatever you do, don’t fall victim to “paralysis by
analysis.” Go ahead and buy/build one and start
tinkering with it. This is a learn by doing hobby.

No politician or scholar assured your freedoms.
A Soldier, Sailor, Marine, or Airman did!

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:13:36 PM EDT, Max via groups.io <kg4pid@...> wrote:

Hello everyone. I have an Icom 7000 that now shows a high SWR (2:1 - 3:1) depending on band into a dummy load (2 different ones). Here's the catch, I can change the SWR by using different lengths of coax between the radio and my external power/SWR meter. My external meter shows my dummy loads to be a good match but the radio doesn't agree. For a few months now I've had to use a 25Ft RG-58 jumper just to keep the SWR around 2:1 on the radio.

Is this just some failed part in the SWR detection circuitry or do I have bigger problems. I know its just guessing but what are the chances of it being an easy repair and are the parts available?

I'd hate to send it in just to be told the parts are unobtainium.

Max KG4PID