Re: Does anyone know how to formulate the CAT commands

Mike Binder - NA6MB

Not an expert on ACL, but I don't see a native facility to send a user specified CI-V command.
I believe the commands you have successfully sent are are regular rig functions that are built into ACL.
I have sent DVK commands via N1MM to my IC-7000 and it worked fine.
ACL does have the ability to send WAV (sound/voice) files and CW strings, so you can do voice files and CW if you want.
If you really want to use your internal DVK in the radio, you'll probably need to write a program using the ACL API.

For N1MM I think I used these commands...
  • Voice Message1 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD}
  • Voice Message2 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 02 FD}
  • Voice Message3 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 03 FD}
  • Voice Message4 = {CAT1Hex FE FE 94 E0 28 00 04 FD}

CAT1Hex is the N1MM command to send the following HEX data over CI-V.

So, you need to find a way to send "FE FE 94 E0 28 00 01 FD" to play memory 1.

Note this is HEX data, NOT ASCII data.

Good luck!

Mike
NA6MB

On 6/29/2020 10:00 PM, Scott KB2KOL wrote:
I see this is a very old thread but thought I would comment. I spent a great deal of time tonight trying to get my N3FJP Software to transmit (via F-keys) the content of EITHER the CW memory OR the voice keyer memory stored in the radio. I have tried many variations of the code to no avail. Yet I was able to send the code to change the mode from FM to LSB and that worked fine. And my rig interface is working both ways with the software, that is, the frequency and mode are tracking fine. I have also posted this similar question on the N3FJP forum. Are there any IC-7000 users in the world that have been successful sending either the CW or voice memories using cat commands? If so, please send along what works. Thanks in advance and 73, Scott KB2KOLĀ