Re: Seen these Auto ATU's

Here is my thought about this ATU and it's size.
I have been using either an MFJ 939 or LDG - 100 when portable and installing it at the base of the 30' telescoping fidhing pole with a set of radials spread out on the ground.
I have also used a crossed dipole NVIS antenna to good effect (a copy of the AS2259). Either requires a tuner. What I am thinking about is building one of these with some NIMH batteries and mounting it as a balun at the feed point so that the feed losses would be minimal. It would be possible to incorporate a "TEE" power inserter to get 12 volts to the unit and eliminate the batteries as well.
Darn it, just when I thought I had finished with my project list.