Re: Anything to look for

Bill M

I bought mine used 7 years ago and used it mobile for a couple of years on HF as well as for 2 meter repeaters. It is now my backup radio in the shack and still performing perfectly. Judging by how often I've had to repair my primary radio it is used a lot hi. It is set up for FT8 which I seen to use often. I chase DX with it on SSB and CW.

Some one suggested changing the fuses and while I have not don't that it is a good idea.

Going Mobile the only issue was it shutting down on transmit. RF getting into it was causing the problem. I added ferrites to the coax and that stopped that problem. If your s works in the mobile right off the bat, just use it and enjoy it.
Bill W2CQ