Re: Anything to look for

Mark Schoonover

I ran mine mobile for years in Southern California summer heat and the rig never had temp problems. I'd suggest replacing the stock blade fuses with regular barrel types but other than that my 7000 has been bullet proof.

73! Mark KA6WKE

Website: https://www.ka6wke.net

On Sat, May 2, 2020, 11:33 Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@...> wrote:
On Sat, 02 May 2020 06:25:40 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi all , new here .
>
>Maybe just maybe i'll be getting one , secondhand of course .
>
>Anything obvious to look for that might be a common issue ?
>
>Not like power out/rx sensitivity and the like as they be real obvious , but anything else that might be a common problem , also going by the interweb the firmware does not get up-graded yes?.
>
>Downloaded the manual (this radio also comes with it) , also grabbed the service manual .
>
>Last question and thanks , a SWL here , how is the radio on the HF shortwave broadcasts , the AM filter good enough?
>
>It'll be installed in the vehicle eventually .
>
>Cheers Paul

Temperature is the only problem.
Install the fan mod if you put the rig in the car.
I used SSB on the AM broadcasts, select the better sideband.

OE8UWW