Re: New to the group and experiencing a problem

Terry Y

Hi Ron,

Yes, there is a loading coil on the EMCOMM II.  Yes, I am using the EMCOMM II and the AH-4 together (at the same time).  And, yes, you got it correct, after transmitting resulted in the power cycle, I disconnected the HF antenna and AH-4 and tried to transmit on UHF, which resulted in the same power off and immediate power back on cycle.

You are correct, the problem was an oxidized connection on the Anderson Powerpole connectors in the power cable.  By disconnecting and reconnecting them several times, the power problem was resolved.

I'm still researching the analyzer and AH-4 problem.

Thanks again,
Terry, n0ve