Re: No RX or TX after changing frequency

Chuck Scott <cscott@...>

Mark:

Note that replacement of the logic unit requires a full alignment which may be difficult outside of an Icom shop. So the price of doing this is usually prohibitive.

Second, note that problems with the logic unit can often be simply issues with the connections to the board it plugs into (main?). In the case of my well used mobile IC-7000 it seems to be fine on my bench after cleaning the contacts, but not reliable in my truck anymore.

I really needed another HF/VHF/UHF radio on my bench. :-(

Chuck - N8DNX

On 4/24/2020 2:50 PM, Paul Hansen wrote:

Very likely the logic unit. It’s part number 98414989 and I think it will cost you around $350 excluding shipping. It could be the DDS unit but my money is on the logic unit. The DDS unit is NLA.

Thank you,

Paul W. Hansen, W6XA

Amateur Radio Service

2134 Carthage Road