Re: New to the group and experiencing a problem

Tap,tap,tap...Terry??
Terry there is no trimming the counterpoise for SWR as the tuner will mask anything that you do up to the point that it is outside of it's range to correct.
The AH-4 would replace the coil in the ENCOMM if you wanted as all it would need is the wire and a good ground at the antenna and to improve the ground losses a counterpoise or radials connected there.
However, since we haven't heard back from you we wonder if anything has worked?
Trying the IC-7000 into a dummy load is a very good idea as is checking the fuse connectors as many have had problems there.
The VHF/UHF have completely separate finals, both driven by the same driver transistor.
Tap, tap, tap,....You there, Terry???