Re: New to the group and experiencing a problem

Ronald Baran

Hello Terry,

I'm not quite sure how the ECOMM II functions but there seems to be some sort of loading coil in the cylindrical part of the antenna.  Am I to understand that you are using both the EMCOMM AND the AH-4 at the same time?

". . . with the same results . . . " means that keying the radio on the UHF frequency resulted in the radio shutting down?

We'll go with the most obvious first; I had the same problem recently and have had it while bicycle mobile and it has to do with power to the radio.  When bicycle mobile and the battery dropped below 11.1V the radio shut down upon keying.  Most lately I found the problem was the power connections.  I took all the connections apart, cleaned them and reattached and voila'.  Take a crack at that first.

If no joy try using either the EMCOMM or the AH-4 alone and see what happens.

Keep us posted.

73

Ron
W9XS