Re: Need help determining whether has a fault - S meter

Jim T

Just picked up on this thread so, apologies if my suggestion is a bit late or already covered.

I had a problem with S meter readings a few weeks ago when I started using the 7k after a long period of it lying idle.  There were no S meter readings at all, and I spent a while trying to chase the “fault”.  It turned out that I’d turned off the AGC at some point and by switching it back on to fast (in my case) the S meter started to give readings that were sensible.

Have look to see if, just under the frequency readout there’s an “AGC-X” or some other AGC indication.  If it shows AGC-X then you have it turned off.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Jim GM4CXF