Re: Another Chirp option

Romain Kieffer

Joe, having bought the cable from the local ICOM dealer and received it in an ICOM package I figured that a driver downloaded from the company would be compatible.
I am at a loss, FTDI does not mean anything to me, is there a reference anywhere I can use to understand it, or better yet a source for it?

 rom

On Feb 12, 2020, at 8:33 PM, Joe Krout <Jkrout@...> wrote:

If your interface cable is trying to use a "prolific" driver, that may be the problem.  There were so many cloned/pirated driver chips in use that Prolific changed their coding.
Your best bet is to find a cable using an "FTDI" interface.

Joe KR0UT

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 12:56 PM Romain Kieffer <rmk4547@...> wrote:
great minds think alike......    I was looking at the site this afternoon, too.

Meanwhile I have replaced the device driver for the cable but all my great hopes were dashed pdq.  (Just as a fun aside, I searched the network for the driver, ended up at ICOM Japan, found the driver and got a beautiful pdf file describing what to do, all in Japanese....)
I still don't have communications with the 7000.  I will call it a night and try again tomorrow.
 rom

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM Dave Christensen <dkc2030@...> wrote:
I have this program, IZ2BKT for the IC-7000.  It can save memories plus act as a CAT control for this rig.

Details and file found here:  https://www.maniaradio.it/en/ic7000bkt.html