Re: First demo of the TFT Touch screen demo of the ATAS-100/120 Controller for ICOM

Mark Brueggemann

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 08:05:52 AM MST, VE2DX <ve2dx@...> wrote:

> the TFT color screen is me having fun (Understatement!),

For development or diagnostics it's great to have a display, and would likely leave that code in place if there's memory space so that a display could be optionally plugged in if one wanted to.

> Next is further CI-V traffic managment code for both projects.

I know the 706 doesn't have everything controllable via CIV as the front panel, hopefully there's enough there to get done what you need.

> dual speed antenna movement Yes or NO?

Might help with fine tuning on 40M, the other bands I don't find too touchy at standard operating speed.  I can see that adjusting the voltage could net variable speed control but I would have to wonder about differences between antennas, or operating temperature.  Since there's no hall sensor for feedback to know the motor is turning just setting a given voltage point may not work with all antennas in all conditions.  Unless of course you've got some way to detect it's turning (current sense?) and can dynamically adjust the slow setpoint as you go.  I don't see this as being a direct user benefit so in my view if you can adequately vector in on a match on 40M at the standard tune rate then slowing it down only makes the process slower.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM