Re: IC-7000 erratic low power output on HF

Don Rolph

OK after much poking (and sage advice from Dave Doe K1HRV), it appears that:

- I have a new external SWR/power meter which allows me to read data quickly but is amusing on SSB and of course with no power
- which was combined with a mismatch to the antenna which led to full fold back of the power level
- compounded by the settings in the WSJT software which confounded what I was observing

Thanks for all the suggestions.  The fold back comments on SWR and the discussion of the details of the ALC provide the keys to unravelling my confusion here.

Thanks!

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 1:18 PM Don Rolph <don.rolph@...> wrote:
Suddenly last night my IC-7000 stopped performing effectively on HF.

It delivers 35 watts on 440
It delivers 45 watts on 2 meter
it delivers between 0 and 13 watts at most on 20, 15, and 6 with erratic behavior on 40
it provides 11 watts during tuning

Thoughts/suggestions?  Other diagnostic tests I should run?

Thanks in advance!!!

AB1PH
Don Rolph

AB1PH