Re: IC-7000 erratic low power output on HF

I just bought a new IC-7300 and what a piece of kit!
I had three IC-7000s and have sold two of them. I have the last and best one (all were just about the same, but the other two had had various repairs made and more sue) ans I an considering selling it along with the separation cable and the remote mounting plate.
I have the manual and mobile mount and a new power cable. Never used mobile, what I hear is "gently used". I mostly used it for FT-8 at 35 watts with a tuner.
Who wants a mint IC-7000, Separation cable etc. in the new year?

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 3:39 PM Chuck Scott <cscott@...> wrote:
Perhaps a less likely but possible cause is poor connections on the
Logic Unit or issues there.

All the control lines for the filter selections come from that board and
if those start malfunctioning you can end up with issues with power
output and sensitivity.

I had that problem on mine after some 15 years of continuous mobile use.
By pulling the module and carefully cleaning the connections it started
to settle down. It's good enough to be used on the bench, but I think
it's mobile days are over. An IC-7100 has now taken its place.

Chuck - N8DNX

--
J.D. Barron