Re: IC-7000 erratic low power output on HF

Chuck Scott <cscott@...>

Perhaps a less likely but possible cause is poor connections on the Logic Unit or issues there.

All the control lines for the filter selections come from that board and if those start malfunctioning you can end up with issues with power output and sensitivity.

I had that problem on mine after some 15 years of continuous mobile use. By pulling the module and carefully cleaning the connections it started to settle down. It's good enough to be used on the bench, but I think it's mobile days are over. An IC-7100 has now taken its place.

Chuck - N8DNX