Re: IC7000 tx audio

Joe

On 11/1/2019 6:38 PM, Les Barnes wrote:
I even have a hard time with most solid state amps - so tube audio systems are my thing
I go back to the late 1950's with being an SWL and a ham. I had found that the tube receivers seemed to be easier on my ears than the early solid state receivers, especially on the higher frequencies like 10 meters. 10 was not a crowded band and it seemed easier to hear a single weak signal that was barely over the noise on a tube receiver. Solid state receiver noise seemed more harsh on my ears. Maybe just my imagination, or was a factor of receiver design and not the fact that it was tube vs transistor.

Call me crazy, yo won't be the first......

73, Joe, K1ike