Re: Studio mic and external audio chain ?

Gene Horr

Once you have the mic gain set, then you can turn up the compression just a little. You really don't need much.
That's my experience. For SSB once you have the basic settings correctly configured one isn't going to make a material improvement by changing microphones, adding an EQ, signal processing, etc. Something Jim mentioned that I would stress is SNR can be far more important. Make sure the microphone is only picking up only your direct voice at an appropriate volume. The more gain you have to use the more the microphone is picking up sounds other than your direct voice.

Gene