Re: External PTT connection

Joe Krout

Bob

I believe your issue is that Hsend and Vsend are on different pins on the 13 pin connector.  Hsend is on pin 3, Vsend is on pin 7.  They are two different transistor FET? Switches.

Makes sense, as they are used for amplifier switching, and there are 2 different PA outputs.

73
Joe
KR0UT

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 7:57 AM Bob Hoffmann, K4CQO <rjhoffmann@...> wrote:
I am trying to connect a QRM noise canceler to the unit (using a QRM-180) and I am having trouble getting the PTT relay to switch the noise canceler out of the circuit.

I purchased a cable that is connected to the ACC connection (13 pin plug) with an RCA jack on the other end with a built in relay. However, this is what I am seeing: on VHF the relay is not operated; on HF the relay is operated. This is the case if I transmit or receive -- it does not change the relay setting.

It appears to be set to control using an external amp for HF instead of for VHF -- but I am confused why it does not change when I transmit. Is there a setting that I have to use -- or did I get the wrong cable (the cable is supposed to be good for the ic-7000), or maybe the incorrect way of connecting the ic-7000 to the noise canceler?

The noise canceler uses a ground connection to switch it from receive mode to out of the antenna path when transmitting.