Re: IC-7000 VFO Stability

Joe

When you say frequency stability, do you mean the ability to transmit on an exact frequency? If that is the case, FT8 should work very well even if your VFO is a little bit off frequency. As long as you are in the band-pass of the receiver all should work fine. What is more important is that you have a very clean signal and not over driven.

Joe

On 9/25/2019 2:44 PM, nj2f wrote:
I can verify that the 7000 works FT8 on 50 really well. I made over 600 qsos on 50 in the last two years. Very stable radio.

73 de NJ2f, Jeff

On Sep 25, 2019, at 2:10 PM, Randy <hamradio@...> wrote:

Is the IC-7000 stable enough for FT8 use on 50, 144, and 432 MHz?

Randy, W7HR