Re: IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Kurt Sweeny

Mike,
I have the wide skirt selected at 15k which I think is the widest.

Kurt

On Apr 17, 2019, at 7:58 AM, Mike Herbert <wb6jkv@...> wrote:

I recently discovered that in order to encode the proper CTCSS level to keep a repeater open I needed to adjust the filter setting. Press the FIL button on the mic and observe the skirts at the top of the display. I needed the wide selection to avoid dropping out of a local box only 2 miles away. I confirmed with my service monitor that the filter setting does change the encode level as well as tx audio deviation.

Sent from my Verizon, Galaxy S8+ smartphone