D.C.

I think the Narrow Mid and Wide transmit filters do not effect FM transmissions (?)

Kurt

On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:03 AM, D C *Mac* Macdonald <k2gkk@...> wrote:

Another owner has commented about this.  His finding was that the transmit audio needs to be opened up at the low end to allow the so-called "sub-audible" tones to pass.  I seem to remember that the lowest possible tone is 67.0 Hz.

I use specific Icom 2m/70cm rigs instead of their HF rigs for mobile VHF/UHF use.

73 - Mac, K2GKK/5​
(Since 30 Nov 53)​
k2gkk hotmail com​
Oklahoma City, OK​
USAF & FAA, Ret'd​
Icom User a/o '72​

From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> on behalf of Kurt Sweeny <damele@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:42
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] IC-7000 2 Meter Rpt Problem Transmit but doesn't open the repeater ?

Dave,

The repeater requires a tone. It seems that most do with the default tone being 100.0 Hz.

Kurt

On Apr 17, 2019, at 3:38 AM, Dave Sherron <DSher335.z@...> wrote:

Does the repeater require a tone?

On Apr 17, 2019, at 12:59 AM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:

I have had my 7000 for 11 great years but never tried 2M repeater work. I have confirmed the radio transmits on the input frequency but will not key the repeater. Have triple check parameters ( doesn't mean it is still operator error).
using my Yaseu FT-530 I can use the repeater ( which I guess just provesI can use the 530.)

Could the tone generating capability not be working? Seems very unlikely.

Any help appreciated.
kurt
KD6LZ