From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> on behalf of Alex Netherton <w5alx-groups@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 18:43
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] HF 60 meter band

Mine has the 60 meter band opened up from the factory, I got it in 2014 or so. I have to be veeeery careful when on 60 with it.
Alex, W5ALX

On 4/8/2019 12:02:49 AM, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve that is the info I needed. Could you tell me what are the right channel frq that I should program to memory

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:49 AM -0700, "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@...> wrote:

The original 7K's allowed transmission only on the five channels authorized for 60M amateur radio use by the FCC in 2003.  In 2012 the FCC removed one channel (5366.5 MHz USB Dial / 5368 MHz Channel Center) and replaced it with another (  5357 MHz USB Dial / 5358.5 MHz Channel Center).  To enable the new channel on radios prior to serial # 0514455, it is necessary to remove diode D2172 on the Main board.  This opens up the entire 60M band (not just the FCC allowed channels for amateur radio).  I suggest adding the USB Dial frequency into memory to avoid operating outside of approved channels (or Channel Center depending on modes used).

For more details see:  http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Regulatory/Recommended_Practices_Version_6_5.pdf
For Icom's 60M mod see:  https://groups.io/g/ic7000/files/Service%20Manual%20and%20Icom%20TechnicaI%20lnformations/7000_60_meter_mod%5B1%5D.pdf