Re: IC-7000 Intermittent recieve

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

I believe he’s talking about the internal flex printed circuit ribbon cables used to interconnect the boards.

Perry K4PWO

From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Peak
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019 09:02 AM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] IC-7000 Intermittent recieve

George,

The advice on “squelch” might be good.  Help me out just a bit....  I have two IC7000s in my Shack, and I have no idea what the “ribbons” are.  Not sure I can solve your problem, but really curious about “ribbons.”

Good luck es vy 73,

Ron

W5RRP

Ron Peak

W5RRP

On Mar 4, 2019, at 9:26 AM, Bob Brooks via Groups.Io <bobbrooks220@...> wrote:

Could it be that your squelch is not adjusted properly? I have had similar behavior when my squelch is just on the edge.

Bob

W1AGC

On Monday, March 4, 2019, 12:07:40 AM EST, George DuBord <gdubord@...> wrote:

Hello all,
  I have an issue with my recieve and i hoping someone has ran into this before with a solution. I suspect the ribbons are bad by what I've researched on different forums and videos. The recieve will work just fine then out of the blue it drops out with just air noise. then just like that it will start working again. any suggestions? I have ordered some new ribbons which are due to arrive shortly. Thanks for any help resolving this. W9ANW