Re: Anyone with experience with the ALC circuit?

Ok I have fixed the ALC circuit!
The low coming from the CPU actually turns off the FETĀ  1c1606 and not on as I thought.
Late at night I thought (while waiting for the replacement FET) that since it needs to be off and it must be shorted and the ALC voltage being pulled to ground by that low from the CPU just take the darned thing out!
So I removed the FET and the ALC came to the proper voltage for SSB.
The replacement of the FET put the ALC voltages correct for the other modes, selecting AM, FM , etc sets the proper power levels and the SWR foldback works.
So if the ALC is going to 0.0 volts on SSB look to the FET!