Re: IC7000 Intermittently Deaf on 80 Meters when Cold

N1GBE

Any thoughts????

On Saturday, January 26, 2019, 5:01:17 PM EST, N1GBE <ralph.celone@...> wrote:

I have my 7000 mounted in my car. I have noticed that when the temperature is below freezing, my 7000 is deaf on 80 meters when I first turn it on. I have also noticed that the receive kicks right in with normal sensitivity at 4.000.000 MHz. If I tune one step lower, receive cuts out. If I tune back up to 4.000.000 MHz receive pops back in. This condition goes away once the interior of the car warms up a bit.

My question to the group is: Is there something in the receive chain that switches right at 4.000.000 MHz? Perhaps a sealed BPF relay that has become unsealed and gotten moisture inside of it???

Thanks,
N1GBE