Re: IC-7000 RF power inaccurate on display

k0fni k0fni <k0fni@...>

The toroid in the output section may be faulty, it feeds back through the ALC circuitry and actually controls the output reading. It is very hard to get used to but start with the power at near 5% level with wattmeter monitor the output and then adjust it slowly upward and see if that helps until you get to approx. 80 watts output.

On January 31, 2019 at 9:43 AM Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@...> wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 00:34:15 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello
>
>Any idea why power output is set to 100W, I can measure this on external power meter and a dummy load, BUT the display of IC-7000 shows only 25W?
>
>Any idea appreciated.

PEP or not PEP, that is the question.

OE8UWW