IC7000, SignalLink USB, and FT8

K5ZM

HI all….

I’ve been considering getting something together for FT8. I’ve a 7000 here on the desk that hasn’t been powered on since 2008 -literally. I recently purchased the SignaLink USB with the intent of getting the two to play nicely with each other. Part of me wonders if this is even worth pursuing. Has anyone had success on FT8 with this combo? Does Icom still make firmware updates available for this rig? (Surely, there’ve been a couple in the last decade!)

Or should I just go for the 7300 (in lieu of a K3S that I’ll most likely never be able to afford)?

Tnx es 73

Ian, K5ZM