Re: Tune button

James Johnston <jimthej@...>

I have the same setup. When tuning stops, it is usually caused by the #1 wire breaking at the molex connector. If you have a tool for removing molex pins, you can solder in a jumper
Since mine is a travel rig, I pack a spare cable.

Jim Johnston

On Sep 13, 2018, at 13:48, MARCO EVANGELISTA <marcoevang@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi Paul,
thank you for your answer.
My 7000 is connected to the radio interface of the 993B using an original MFJ-5123I cable.
Please also note that when I push the tune button on the 7000, the "Reverse" needle of the SWR meter of 993B has a pronounced forward dip and the 993B emits a tone. Immediately afterwards, the needle goes back to the initial position. No power from the IC-7000.
The needle also dips when I change band.

Best regards,
Marco IU8HXM