From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> on behalf of Robie <ruler55@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 15:53
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: [ic7000] IC-7000 Outdoors

All,

Several weeks ago I took my IC-7000 to Galveston and used it to activate the Tall Ship Elissa for Museum Ships Weekend.  Our station was setup on the pier along side the ship under an awning.  Bright sun streamed in from all sides.  The display of the IC-7000 was not really visible.  I made a shade from a cardboard box, which helped but was not satisfactory.  I was able to use the logging software on my laptop to get things up and running, but the situation was not a good one.  I'm looking for any suggestions to improve the situation for future outdoor operation,

Thanks in advance,

Robie - AJ4F