Re: An auto tuner for my IC-7000

Steve W3AHL

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 02:36 pm, MARCO EVANGELISTA wrote:
HI,
I would like to purchase an automatic tuner for my 7k. I have selected the MFJ-939I and the MFJ-993B.
 I would prefer the latter, as it is way more versatile. However, as far as I have understood, when I change frequency, the 939I tunes up without the need to push the "tune" button, while the 993B requires button pushing.
Have I understood well?
Any recommendations for a good tuner?
73 Marco

 The first question should always be what types of antennas are you using?  Any thing else we should be aware of about your installation (mobile, second floor shack with poor RF ground, switching among different antennas on the same band, etc.) ?    Some tuners work OK with some antennas and don't work at all with others....

I would avoid MFJ, due to continuing erratic quality control problems.