Re: An auto tuner for my IC-7000

James Johnston <jimthej@...>

I have a 993B, if you have the correct cable, and set it up correctly, it will tune with the mike key. It may take a few seconds, so allow time before talking. It will adjust tuning as you work up or down a band, without using the Tune button.

Jim Johnston
KK6DLN

On Apr 29, 2018, at 2:18 PM, MARCO EVANGELISTA <marcoevang@...> wrote:

HI,
I would like to purchase an automatic tuner for my 7k. I have selected the MFJ-939I and the MFJ-993B.
 I would prefer the latter, as it is way more versatile. However, as far as I have understood, when I change frequency, the 939I tunes up without the need to push the "tune" button, while the 993B requires button pushing.
Have I understood well?
Any recommendations for a good tuner?
73 Marco