Re: Ic 7000 problem

Chris

Thanks I’ll try that

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 4:34 AM -0700, "James F. Boehner, MD via Groups.Io" <jboehner01@...> wrote:

Yes. The power supply is staying at 13.5 volts, but strip each wire a bit between the fuses and the radio and measure the voltage there when you transmit.

When the fuse holder was the culprit, sometimes removing and reinserting the fuses several times temporarily fixed the problem..

’73 de JIM N2ZZ

From: ic7000@groups.io [mailto:ic7000@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 1:21 AM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ic7000] Ic 7000 problem

Jim on the fuse you are talking about the fuse on the power cable.   Right

Chris WB8YPO

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 8:43 PM -0700, "James F Boehner, MD via Groups.Io" <jboehner01=yahoo.com@groupsio> wrote:

Chris,

This is redundant to the last post, but the IC-7000’s had a major problem with the supplied fuse connectors and fuses. Even if not visibly corroded, this resulted in a major voltage drop, and caused the radio to behave like you describe. The 7000’s are very finicky on voltage.   Before you send it off for repair, it would serve you well to remove the fuse holders from the circuit entirely.  I have done so, and I connect the radio with power poles to a power pole strip that is fused.

I don’t remember the current requirement for the radio on transmit, but have at least a 20 Amp 12 VDC supply.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ