Re: UHF FM Transmit Power

Helmut Wabnig

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:54:57 -0700, you wrote:

Hello,

I have a used IC-7000 and am concerned about the UHF FM transmit power.  I think it might have a problem now that I've tested it with a watt/SWR meter.

I know that the UHF spec is lower (35W), but it takes 80% RF power to get only 5W.  At 50% RF power I get about half a watt out.  To compare, it only takes 15% to get 5W on VHF FM.  SWR is effectively 1:1 on both bands.

Is this normal or is something probably fried on the UHF side?

73,

Mike
K6MSM

I just replaced one in my 7000 and I bought them here:

https://www.ebay.at/itm/332388810809

It's an absolutely easy job, given you know how to solder.
No adjustments needed.
Yeah, and never say "SODDER", tha's nigger slang.

OE8UWW