Re: UHF FM Transmit Power

Steve Draper

99% chance the UHF final needs to be replaced. Last time I needed one rfparts.com had them in stock.

Steve VE7FM

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 12:08 <k6msm@...> wrote:
Hello,

I have a used IC-7000 and am concerned about the UHF FM transmit power.  I think it might have a problem now that I've tested it with a watt/SWR meter.

I know that the UHF spec is lower (35W), but it takes 80% RF power to get only 5W.  At 50% RF power I get about half a watt out.  To compare, it only takes 15% to get 5W on VHF FM.  SWR is effectively 1:1 on both bands.

Is this normal or is something probably fried on the UHF side?

73,

Mike
K6MSM