Re: 440 Band Off Frequency

Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...>

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it! I've been exchanging emails with Scott Malcolm of MTS Technical Services about the problem. He fixed a 718 for me last year with excellent results.

The part in question is the TCXO. Scott says it's rare that they cause a problem but he's seen it before. Says if performing the master reset procedure doesn't clear the problem, that part is about the only thing that would cause the error. The higher the tuned frequency, the greater the error.

As I traded a 706 MKII-G straight across for the 7000, it's worth having the repair done!

All said the best,
Ken N6PCD