Re: [IC-7000] group migration

Richard Carlson

The YahooGroups Files issue is transitory. I was unable to access files of some groups that I run for a few days then they reappeared.

Many groups are moving to other services like groups.io (created and run by the same guy that created OneList/E-Groups, the predecessor to YahooGroups) or Google Groups. Both of these provide the same services as YahooGroups.

I just moved over one of my lists to groups.io and it was pretty seamless.

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 6:11 AM, sv2hws@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Hello

Has anyone heard anything about yahoo groups becoming an obsolete product of Yahoo now that it was acquired by Verizon? There seem to be missing data already from the files section of some yahoo groups.

I am also member of the Kenwood D710 yahoo group and they are talking there about migrating to other services to avoid downtime and data loss. They are mostly taking about groups.io, created as they say by the former creators of yahoo groups that provides easy migration from yahoo groups to their service.

Perhaps we should take a look at this an consider whether we should move elsewhere or not.

Triantafyllos
SV2HWS