Re: [IC-7000] Source for IC7000 ribbon cables.

Steve W3AHL

You're correct Paul, the boards you sent photos of don't have ZIF clamps.  I looked at at 2012 unit that I have on the bench and it doesn't either, except in the display head, per the photos I sent to you.  They have brown clamps that are easily released so the cable removal and insertion requires no force and doesn't damage the cable.

My two personal units from 2006 and 2010 had them in the main unit also.  I don't know when they changed or if they mixed vendors along the way.

I think I'll try to order more replacement cables from Icom to have on hand, since they are bound to come in handy some day!

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@..., <pwhansen@...> wrote :

I doubt these will come through but, I have tried to attach 3 pictures of IC-7000 connectors on the MAIN unit and the DDS unit. None have retention clips. Because they probably will not come through the reflector, I’ll forward them direct to you so you can point out where they are.

Thank you,

Paul W. Hansen, W6XA

Amateur Radio Service

2134 Carthage Road