From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: February 07, 2018 19:10
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [IC-7000] Source for IC7000 ribbon cables.

As a general rule, most "flex" style cables have gates on the companion connectors that must be raised to release the cable. Failure to do that will result in torn-up cables. The "gate" is usually a small plastic "cap", that is usually a contrasting color, on one side of the cable entry point that can be lifted at each end to free the cable. On re-insertion, you want to push the "gate" back down to capture the cable and move the contacts into position.

Perry K4PWO