From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 02:52 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Source for IC7000 ribbon cables.

Hello,
Removing the PA board or analog board requires removing the two ribbon cables at the rear.
After sitting there for ten years they won't like to be pulled out.
Easy to destroy them. Parts of the solder coated contact strips come off, and then later when re-inserting them, they fail completely.

Before re-inserting the cables put some contact oil on the ends.
I used non-oxidizing weapon oil sometimes, when no contact cleaner was available.

https://www.radioparts.com/icom-8900015210

Their prices are reasonable, and the service is perfect.
The number is the original ICOM part number.
You need two pieces of course.

I have found another source on Aliexpress, but not yet received my orders.

OE8UWW

"Spam, racism, name-calling, vulgarity, religious or political propaganda, personal insults and/or verbal abuse will not be tolerated in this group at any time. Any member posting such material will be placed on moderated status, and is subject to deletion and banning."

Yahoo Groups Links