Re: [IC-7000] PTT switch on mic

Peter Millward

Gentlemen,
I found this at Digi-Key,

CKN10053-ND              .28000
SWITCH TACTILE SPST-NO 0.05A 12V

Drop in replacement, bought 10 of them over the summer. Yes that's .28 cents ea, 2.80 for the lot .  The shipping was more than the 10 switches.
The switch also fits the mic on my IC208h.  For less than $3.00 you can get a lifetime supply.

Pete
KC2EKX

On Friday, December 8, 2017 4:51 PM, "Pat Goodyear ne6pg1@... [ic7000]" wrote:

I have had two stock ICOM mic push buttons fail.   I bought a half dozen from ICOM.  First started seeing failures on my 706 MkIIg HM-151 mics.

Pat Ne6pg

On Dec 7, 2017, at 5:59 AM, Steven Linley linleysa@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

That's a first.   I've not heard of the PTT mirco switch failing.   Usually its the microphone cord (especially near the RJ-45 connectors) that fails.
Steve WA8Y

On 12/6/2017 4:12 PM, calvin.bacon@... [ic7000] wrote:

The push to talk button on my ic7000 microphone is not working. I found that the small microswitch is bad. Does anyone know the part number for that switch or an acceptable substitute?

Cal
KC2KD