From: ic7000@... on behalf of r norris rkmr15203@... [ic7000]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 16:17
To: ic7000@...
Subject: Re: [IC-7000] Using the 13 pin ACC socket for PTT

On Nov 29, 2017, at 05:36, Roger groups@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

I'm planning to use the 13 pin ACC socket for FT8 and other digital
modes and the manual is not clear to me in respect to the PTT. In case
you're wondering why I don't use the DATA socket I'm intend to make use
of the 13.8V output to power the interface.

I believe that to use this socket as a PTT on all bands I have to set
"VSEND Select" to "Off" and use pin 3 to transmit.

An I correct or what should I be doing?

73 and kind regards

Roger, GW4HZA

When I do a new radio, I take all pinouts from any socket out to terminal strips, on the back of the desk.

Maybe I will never use some, but they are ready and I never have to move the radio or take the &*%$# Din plug apart again.

LDG used to make such a box, but not listed.