Re: I need a Logic board and ribbon cables

Steve W3AHL

The previous owner may have removed the cables without releasing the pressure clamp on the receptacle.  That damages the traces on the flex cable (and often pulls loose the backing strip that is essential for correct contact pressure and centering).

Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@..., <thc@...> wrote :

Did a bit more on the radio today removed all boards and removed all ribbon cables as I don't have access to new cables, I thought I would try something, I carefully trimmed a millimetre off the end of each ribbon cable so when I push them home the contacts will seat on virgin cable this has worked out great now I have solid video on the head screen one problem fixed just need a logic board now. Tom VK4DDG