From: ic7000@... [mailto:ic7000@...]
Sent: 18 September 2017 00:07
To: ic7000@...
Subject: [IC-7000] IC-7000 vs Yaesu FT-450?

I'd be interested in comments from those with experience etc if choosing between either of these radios used (the 450 has the internal ATU fitted).

Which one do you prefer and why?

Is there a clear winner?

What about the stories of the IC-7000 running hot / popping finals?

I know this is subjective, that's fine. I'm just interested in experiences, observations, analysis, especially from those who consider themselves knowledgeable :)

Most of the use of the radio will be for digital modes such as JT65 / FT8 with some SSB rag-chewing thrown in.

Many thanks

Mike

ZL4IA