Re: [IC-7000] IC-7000 vs Yaesu FT-450?

Colin Christie

In the early days , running hot was an issue. That is no longer an issue. I  own two IC7000's as a home base and mobile and never had any issues. An easy to use radio with excellant digital filters which come standard. I looked at all the us user manual first before buying ti see which best suited me.

I am very happy with my purchases.

Hope that helps

Colin vk2jcc

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 at 10:41, mikejensencomputing@... [ic7000]
wrote:

I'd be interested in comments from those with experience etc if choosing between either of these radios used (the 450 has the internal ATU fitted).

Which one do you prefer and why?

Is there a clear winner?

What about the stories of the IC-7000 running hot / popping finals?

I know this is subjective, that's fine. I'm just interested in experiences, observations, analysis, especially from those who consider themselves knowledgeable :)

Most of the use of the radio will be for digital modes such as JT65 / FT8 with some SSB rag-chewing thrown in.

Many thanks

Mike

ZL4IA