Front panel troubleshooting

allgyer@...

I am working on a "hangar queen" IC-7000 with multiple problems. I am wondering if others who have been deep inside the 7K have noted this issue:

While the Service Manual a connection of both YGND and GND to the board foil on the Display Board, there is no such connection in my unit. The ground return for the entire front panel is via the shield on the video cable. There is no ground continuity between the Main Unit and the Display Unit unless the video cable is connected. One result of this is the unit cannot be turned on without the video cable plugged into the Main Unit.

This is perhaps a fault in my unit but I have painstakingly traced the lands on both sides of the Display Unit and I find no connection between the two grounds as indicated on the schematic.

Is this a known issue/feature or is this perhaps a symptom of my problem(s).

Problems at the moment are a display that remains in black, intermittently displaying unlocked video.

Warren Allgyer - WA8TOD