Re: [IC-7000] New IC7000 owner .

John ZS5J

I also have three of them, two are installed in mobiles. One thing about them is that they like to have
a good voltage supply or else power output drops remarkably. With my ignition turned off, and just
getting 12.8 volts from the battery, I only get 50 % power output. But when I start the vehicle
and the alternator supplies 14.2 volts to the battery, my output jumps up to 100 %

Only way to fix this, if you are worried about the loss of 3 db when parked, is to install one of the voltage
boosters that MFJ and others sell. It maintains a steady 14 volts output when the supply from the battery
is less than this.

73
John

On 8 Sep 2017, at 12:44 pm, W1JCW John w1jcw@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

A great rig I own three they are so nice with the color screen and composite output looks great on the truck external screen.

Yes get the programming software / cable and you will love your radio even more!

73-

W1JCW

John