Re: Icom IC-F7000?

MKM <starlight04@...>

Well, if the 7000 really has a real time band scope ala the pro series,
I would assume that the rig needs to be larger than the 706 just
because the additional dsp chip and circuitry needed for the band
scope.

On the other hand, we really do not need a band scope in a mobile
radio. I personally prefer a built-in tuner.

Only three weeks left to Dayton. We shall see soon. Last I heard, the
price is $1,899. Please do not shoot the messenger.

On May 2, 2005, at 7:53 AM, Huze@work wrote:

Your comment is equally as interesting.
I don't see why it couldn't be a similar size as the 706.
Unless they decide in the interim to add a built-in ATU,
why do you think it would be and as large as the TS-480 ?

Hugh VA3TO

MKM wrote:

Interesting comment...we do not know yet the size of the housing.

Earlier reports indicated 20mm shorter compared to the 706 but I doubt
it. I think it will be about the size of the Kenwood 480.

On May 1, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Per Eriksson wrote:

It has nothing to do with the upcoming IC-7000 except the size of the
housing….

/Per

_____