Re: [IC-7000] Good ICOM Tech for repair?

Mark J Culross

J Tregre (AG7EG):
My IC-7000 smoked the UHF output finals a few years ago & I sent it to
for a quick repair. I have had Scott Malcolm repair several of my Icom radios
(I have never sent any of them directly to Icom) & his work has always been
excellent, quick, & inexpensive. He'll even do a bench check & provide you
a $$ estimate before the work begins if you'd like.

In the case of my IC-7000, he was able to repair the UHF failure & also found
the soldering in the VHF section to be questionable, so he cleaned that up as
well. He applied the new grounding springs & tested everything before sending
it back to me . . . it's been flawless ever since.

From my personal experience with several Icom radios sent to him for repair
(IC-706MKIIG, IC-7000, IC-756PRO, etc.) over the years with a variety of needs,
I would personally highly recommend Scott Malcolm to get your Icom radio
repaired.

Good luck !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT