Re: problem with separation cable

sv2hws@...

Thank you Steve for the explanation of the pin outs

I was thinking of using 2 UTP cables since I have many lying around
I would of course leave 3 pairs free
But your suggestion for 5 pair cable is better and I think I will try to find such a cable on my next visit to an electronics shop

How long do you believe I could make the cable so that the separation would work without problem?
I have read here about some people using two separation cables in series without problem but they did not mention if they were the long 5m (16ft) or the short 3m.

When I had the problem with old cable I did CPU reset more than once but the problem remained.
Now I have a new cable that works fine.

Triantafyllos, sv2hws