Re: [IC-7000] Digest Number 4627

Simon Thompson

I had a similar problem. Turns out the surface mount headphone jack in the front panel had come loose. I sent it to Icom Canada and they repaired it very quickly. I think that if you are capable with a  soldering iron, it could be a relatively simple fix, but I don’t have enough hand skills.

On Jul 5, 2016, at 5:20 PM, Steven Linley linleysa@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> wrote:

Clean the earphone and or ext. spkr jacks.  You may have a dirty contact (bypass switch must be closed with no jack inserted.  Otherwise no audio is sent to the internal speaker).

On 7/5/2016 5:51 PM, Cal Zethmayr ckz38@... [ic7000] wrote:

My IC7000 has been gathering dust for about a year.... too many other work things

Tried to use it this weekend for a special events station for our City Centennial event on July 4th.

Only putting out half power, and no audio from the speaker.

A long time ham friend and long time IC7000 user checked the speaker/headset switch behind the removable control panel.
In speaker mode, no audio on speaker, and headset was mono in only one ear. In headset mode, no speaker audio either, but headset audio was in both ears.

He also suggested one of the two output power transisters may be bad.

Any suggestions or a list of RELIABLE IC7000 service sources>

Cal Zethmayr
W4GMH
Crestview, Fl.
---- ic7000@... wrote: